Saturday 22 November 2008

Mother Nature

Isn't Mother Nature a magnificant creator?

I was adding roses to my dehydrator to create some pot pourri when I stopped for a moment to look at the blooms before I turned them into dried petals.

These beautiful creations leaped out at me just asking for one final photograph before I flicked the switch. Now I feel bad because I am turning something so beautiful into a dried up thing for my so called enjoyment. I really have difficulty making Pot Pourri with such magnificent flowers but I do enjoy them while they are in full bloom, only picking them when they are past their prime. That way I can continue to enjoy them for many months to come. I suppose in a way I am doing my bit for recycling.

2 comments:

Flora said...

The colors are so buttery and golden, I'm pretty partial to the beautiful amber colors though!!!! Jude I sent everyone a Christmas card but I'm not sure that they will get there in time, so I hope you and yours have a fabulous Christmas and even more wonderful new year!!
blessings,Flora

Artisan Memories said...

Merry Christmas Jude!!!

Hope Christmas brings Peace , Joy and happiness!!
Laura Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...